“Learning and Growing as the People of God”
As a Catholic school, R.E. is a core subject.
The children study a curriculum which is based around the following areas of study:
- Revelation: God’s Self-Revelation
- Church: Communion of life in Christ
- Celebration: Living the Christian Mystery in worship and prayer
- Life in Christ: The search for holiness and truth
Pupils have a right to receive an overall education which will enable them, in the light of the faith of the Church, to engage with the deepest questions of life and find reasons for the hope which is within them.
The R.E. curriculum teaches children to:
- learn about religion
- learn from religion
Adaptive teaching and Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Adaptive teaching strategies are used to ensure that all pupils can access learning and remain in the classroom as much as possible. Lessons are carefully planned and scaffolded to ensure that all pupils will be able to achieve the shared learning objective at their own level. Children with the greatest need, for example those with Special Educational Needs (SEN), will be given more in lesson support. This will include: more quality teaching and learning time with the class teacher; activities being broken down into smaller, more manageable steps; a higher level of personalised scaffolding in activities. It is our goal for all learners to be able to achieve the learning objective successfully in every lesson. Through adaptive teaching we aim to foster independence, resilience and self-confidence for every child.
- RE Overview.pdf pdf83.3 KbMar 25th, 2022
- Y6 - Learning and Growing as People of God.pdf pdf3.9 MbDec 16th, 2016
- Y5 - Learning and Growing as People of God.pdf pdf4.1 MbDec 16th, 2016
- Y4 - Learning and Growing as People of God.pdf pdf3.7 MbDec 16th, 2016
- Y3 - Learning and Growing as People of God.pdf pdf3.9 MbDec 16th, 2016
- Y2 - Learning and Growing as People of God.pdf pdf3.7 MbDec 16th, 2016
- Y1 - Learning and Growing as People of God.pdf pdf4.5 MbDec 16th, 2016
- YR - Learning and Growing as People of God.pdf pdf4.4 MbDec 16th, 2016